Subramaniyapuram songs review
This is the first movie for James Vasanthan, if I am not wrong. I was expecting this to be released. Two years back, I heard that James Vasanthan was working on this and that the songs were coming out well from his friend, Dr. Uma, who also happens to be our family friend.
Now its time to listen to the songs. Here we go...........
Kaadhal Siluvaiyil - The song is very good. Shankar Mahadevan has been given a chance to prove his excellence again. With less amount of instruments, the new composer has given a good piece of art. The anaagatham style in the background beat is simply pleasant.
Kangal Irandaal - After a long time, there is a pure reethigowla composition in tamil cinema. The raaga itself has its own credit. So i need'nt have to explain how appreciable the nuances are. The new singers, Belly Raj and Deepa Mariam (Malloos, I guess) have added to the original beauty of the composition, without "malayaala vaasanai". Lyrics are very romantic, at the same time very poetic and decent. I would rate this the best of all.
Theneeril Snehitham - The whole song is composed with shallow notes, without giving us a guess of atleast one raaga. The places where the swaraas deviate from the original path to confuse the listeners with the raaga, expresse the beauty of the notation. I personally feel that this kind of a composition is also equally difficult.
Madhurai Kulunga - This is the perfect folk song after a long while. The song started off very well, unlike the usual kuthu songs or the so called folk songs of this period. But the naathaswaram which is very out of place with the flow of the song did not impress me and it sounds very usual. I did not feel any uniqueness in that. The "thanne nanne naane" sounds exactly like Otha roobaa thaaren. Suchitra has done a different kind of a track in this song, apart from her usual item number stuff.
Theme song - Again the same usual stuff in the beginning. But in the middle, the "Vakra prayogam" of notes is good.
Overall, the songs have come out well as I heard two years back. I hope, this would give off a good start for James. All the best, James.
Now its time to listen to the songs. Here we go...........
Kaadhal Siluvaiyil - The song is very good. Shankar Mahadevan has been given a chance to prove his excellence again. With less amount of instruments, the new composer has given a good piece of art. The anaagatham style in the background beat is simply pleasant.
Kangal Irandaal - After a long time, there is a pure reethigowla composition in tamil cinema. The raaga itself has its own credit. So i need'nt have to explain how appreciable the nuances are. The new singers, Belly Raj and Deepa Mariam (Malloos, I guess) have added to the original beauty of the composition, without "malayaala vaasanai". Lyrics are very romantic, at the same time very poetic and decent. I would rate this the best of all.
Theneeril Snehitham - The whole song is composed with shallow notes, without giving us a guess of atleast one raaga. The places where the swaraas deviate from the original path to confuse the listeners with the raaga, expresse the beauty of the notation. I personally feel that this kind of a composition is also equally difficult.
Madhurai Kulunga - This is the perfect folk song after a long while. The song started off very well, unlike the usual kuthu songs or the so called folk songs of this period. But the naathaswaram which is very out of place with the flow of the song did not impress me and it sounds very usual. I did not feel any uniqueness in that. The "thanne nanne naane" sounds exactly like Otha roobaa thaaren. Suchitra has done a different kind of a track in this song, apart from her usual item number stuff.
Theme song - Again the same usual stuff in the beginning. But in the middle, the "Vakra prayogam" of notes is good.
Overall, the songs have come out well as I heard two years back. I hope, this would give off a good start for James. All the best, James.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home